Tuesday, September 16, 2008

burn

if only for a moment I
closed my eyes
to think of you-

the blue flame
warm,
inviting-

if only for a moment
I closed my eyes...

and felt the burn.

not on my skin
(that was only physical)
not on my skin...
it is only where it appeared-

but
from the pit of my gut
stretching-
up to my throat
the burn-
holding,
blistering,
breaking off
the
air.

if only for a moment
the air was gone-
and I was left
gasping...
dizzy,
bewildered-

as I held
it under,
under the rushing water

i forced breath
in-
and out-

as I held
it
under

the silence was louder
than any thought of you-

ringing,

the white light
tearing through my eyes,

blinding-

falling to my knees i thought-

so this is how it feels

finally

to have the burn on your skin.

so this is how it feels

finally-

to have
a physical reminder
of what is
in
my
heart.

No comments: