Sunday, January 11, 2009

The more you know about someone......

the stranger they seem.

My answers to this stupid facebook questionnaire.

Here are the rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 20 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end choose 20 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you (and I have to fill the 20 person quota):


1. I've lived two lives. In the one before I was younger, prettier and constantly worried about meeting convention. In the one after I am changed and obstinate, but happier.

2.Crust, in my world is any substance that I will not eat that surrounds something I enjoy eating. For example I won't eat pie crust, pizza crust or bread crust. Simple definition, yes? Well, it gets more complicated. I also will not eat the tops of buns because they are too fluffy so technically,in my universe they are crust ( In fact, I have been known to demand that my hamburgers be made with two bun bottoms). I do like the INSIDE of the tops of buns, so I will pick them out to avoid the crust but that only really works with Kaisers. Now, before you think you have it figured out I have to tell you that Swiss Chalet buns are completely crust, so I can only eat the inside, dipped in Chalet sauce, but NOT gravy, because Swiss Chalet gravy is crust, although I enjoy their fries. And yes, I will eat bread ends, but only lightly toasted with jam or Cheeze Wiz, because they, although crust-like, are not crusty. Of course, Cheeze Wiz on anything else is nasty because then it is fake (I have a strong opinion as to what is real and what is fake as well, but I won't confuse you). Yes, I have a very defined idea of what crust is, and feel strongly about not eating it, but I will admit what falls into the category of "crust" is usually only evident to me. Hamburger bun tops? Crust. Hot dog buns? Only the last inch. Get it?? Good.

3. I took anger management classes. I needed them. If you see me mad, don't worry, I'll get over it. If you see me calm when I should be mad, run.

4. I once tried to sew the leg back on a dead frog, thinking it would bring it back to life.

5. I have an addictive personality. I do my best to control it, but I am hedonistic by nature. I live by my senses. Appeal to them and you will appeal to me.

6. I've never had chicken pox, or any childhood disease. But I did have a big stinkin' brain tumour. Go figure.

7. Buffy St. Marie is one cool chick. Deal with it.

8. Schadenfrude is my favourite word, and I like everything it stands for. Snickering is my favourite hobby. That said, I hate to be teased.

9. I met the man I should have married. I screwed it up. I don't know if I will ever meet anyone else I want as much. That scares me.

10. I want four children, but can have none.

11. I realized I believed in the soul the first time I saw a dead body.

12. Given the choice of any dessert I would pick sweet pineapple, Concord Grapes, fresh ripe figs, a juicy Crispin apple and a big chunk of stinky cheese. I also believe in the power of chocolate covered pretzels.

13. I love the smell of black permanent markers.

14. My father is my hero. My mother and I are just becoming friends after years of being opponents.

15. If I met my sister out there in the world, I wouldn't like her much. But I do love her--so you'd best never mess with her.

16. I struggle with my belief in God, but I'm not quite ready to give up on Him.

17. Music died in 1990. Yes, thats right. Died. I mean, yeah, there is some good stuff, but on the whole? Suckage.

18. I am ferociously loyal, to a fault. Once I have decided you are worthy I will always have your back. Twenty years, disagreements and leagues of sea can part us, and if you pick up the phone and need me, I will be there. Membership has its benefits. That said, once you've broken our bond you are not worth it, you are dead to me.

19. I love libraries and old bookstores. The smell is heavenly.

20. The best gift I could ever receive is a something someone loved and discarded or a replacement for something I already have. I am a creature of habit and I love everything old and antiquated.

No comments: